Tuesday, January 23, 2007

 
Thesis statement

Remember the wish that I wrote in the last journal. On the second day, I went to see my tutor with my friend. She said yes to my thesis statement and she commented that there are a lot of points to write in the position paper. The moment she said the words 'Yes, I accept your thesis statement', all my worries and burden seemed like flying out from my head and my body became lighter as if I was floating in the air. Sound foolish right? Honestly that was what I felt. It had been bothering me. Finally, I got it right this time. Hurray! The next step is to think of the points to support my argument. Nobody knew that it was just a temporary happiness. On the following day, I had a tutorial class. The first thing she said was some of the thesis statements cannot be used because there have cause and effect in the statement. My thesis statement definitely could not be used as I used the word drive’. (Men in Blanche’s life drive her to insanity in 'A Street car Named Desire’ by Tennessee Williams)There goes my happiness. But luckily, I just needed to rephrase the thesis statement. I need to show my thesis statement in tomorrow tutorial class. I took one night trying to rephrase it, but…. On the second day, I went to consult my friend and my friend helps me to rephrase the statement.(Men in Blanches shattered her world of illusion in 'A Street car Named Desire’ by Tennessee Williams) Then I wrote it on the board. When the tutor looked at my thesis statement, my heart was pumping faster and faster and my limbs grew cold. Yes, this is a better. I regained the heat and everything became normal again. So, I can proceed to the next step peacefully.
Getting the thesis statement correct was really really hard. However, I learn not to give up easily. There are many hurdles in our life; we have to be tough in overcoming all the difficulties in life. In future, there might be a chance for me to further my studies. So, this experience is like giving me a preparation as I might do another or more position papers in future.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?