Thursday, February 08, 2007

 

How to do the research paper!

I had been thinking for the whole week after the last meeting. In the next meeting which is tomorrow, we have to show our proposal to the supervisor. In the proposal, we have to state our topic, objective, and method of how we collect, major concern and the implication in ESL classroom. Isn’t it sound like you are doing a scientific research? I am very confused. What the method mean in doing a research paper on literature. Is it like you have to use formulas to calculate the finding? Sound wired, right? It has been bothering me. I asked almost everyone what method means in writing a research paper in literature. No one could answer my question because we are the only group that as started our research paper. Luckily, we have started earlier as we will have more time to think of what we want to do and how we want to do. Since my problem cannot be answer by anyone, so I just drafted out an outline of what I want to do and how I will arrange my paper.

On the second meeting, I presented my outline to my supervisor. He agreed with what my idea. In this meeting, my supervisor allowed us to use only one text that we had studied before. The second text must be something new. This definitely makes my life earlier as I just need to analyze only one text. However, my doubt is not answered in the discussion. After the discussion, I asked my friends what does method means. Finally, my doubt had been answer. He asked me to read the guide to write a research paper. It will give a better understanding of what a research paper is. I felt I am a fool because I never make use of the books I have. The books are too wordy that is why I dislike reading the books. Books that are wordy are the place that you can find a lot of information.

I had forgotten that the name of this course is Readings and Project Work for Teaching Literature in ESL Contexts. This course is about reading. So, I have read more.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?