Thursday, February 01, 2007

 
The journey continues……

I had my thesis statement correct last week. During the weekend, I drafted out the points to support my stand which men in Blanches life shatter her world of illusion and causes her to become insane, but not her inability to accept the reality that lead her to insanity . I plan to do this position paper according to the male characters that appear in Blanche’s life. This way of arranging the points will be easier for me to discuss how a particular male character contributes to Blanche’s insanity. First, it is her relatives. Second is her young husband. Third is Mitch, the man whom she wishes to marry. Fourth is Stanley, the brutal brother-in-law. On Tuesday class, our tutor asked one of my friends to write out the thesis statement and the supporting details. The tutor disagreed of the way the points were written. We have to write a topic sentence for every paragraph. Now only I know there are so many procedures in writing just a position paper. I think for the coming research paper will have more procedure and rules to follow. I tried to write out my topic sentence for each paragraph. Two accepted and three have to rephrase. Tonight I will think of how to phrase my topic sentences and come out with the supporting details.
Writing position paper is kind of interesting as it needs us to start of with writing a thesis statement which I thought it is a waste of time when learned it in college, then we have to write topic sentence.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?