Thursday, February 01, 2007

 
My first meeting with my supervisor
Today 30th Jan 2007 was my first meeting with my supervisor. My supervisor is Dr. ghazali. He had taught us in second year of my degree course. He is a good lecturer as e is willing to help if you have trouble. He has many great ideas too. In the meeting he brief us about what should we do based on his past experiences of being supervisor for the same research paper. Later, he asked what topic we will do for this paper. One of my friend said he will do comparison of two literary texts by one author. The second question that my supervisor asked was have you studied the text before. I think all of us are planning to do the texts that we have studied during our degree course. After he said we should not analyze the texts that we have learned before, disappointment appeared on everyone face. If we are to choose new texts, we have to take a longer time to analyze the new text. Beside, it will be hard to get the literary texts. May be I need to buy the text as we can’t get the online. I wonder how much time do we have. We also have other assignments to do and many tests too, and personal stuff such entertainment. All works and no play make Jack a dull boy. I hope I can manage my time properly. I plan to do on an author who has a consistent theme in his or her writing. Our next meeting is on the coming Tuesday. We need to show the topic that we will do and how we are going to analyze the texts.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?