Thursday, March 29, 2007

 
I HAVE A DREAM by MARTIN LUTHER KING. JR

Reading this speech made me to recall a sad incident during our foundation year. we had a hard time analysing this speech. During that time we were asked to identify the moral values in the speech. Those who failed would be punished. My lecturer was very angry and this made the situation very tense. It was really unforgetatble. However for this time reading this speech, i enjoyed the moment when we analysed it together with the lecturer. I had learnt about the background of the speaker and people during that era as well as the issue of racial disrimination. This was a total different experience.

This is a powerful speech.This time around we analysed the speech through to a deeper sense. We discuss why did he give such speech and his used of the binary opposition. I enjoyed reading and analysed the speech. This gave me a total fifferent experience of learning this speech. I think this speech can be used in our class. This speech can create an awareness among the students of the racial issue in our own country as well as other countries. We are living in a multicultural country. Therefore, it is important to maintain the racial harmony in our country and we do not want to have any riot.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?